The EYF supports activities undertaken by the following types of organisations and/or networks:
- international youth NGOs;
- international network of youth NGOs;
- regional network of youth NGOs;
- national youth NGOs;
- local youth NGOs.
Pioneer and visionary tool, major contribution to democratic development
- We supported European co-operation, we focused on multilateral youth activities (participation of youth of many nationalities).
- We provided financial support to international and national youth activities.
- We are proud to have made a real contribution towards a closer co-cooperation between Eastern and Western Europe; we believed in the free circulation of people and ideas in Europe.
- We promoted peace, understanding and respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms.
- We encouraged non-governmental youth organisations to work at European level.
- Initially we had 17 member states.
- Youth organisations participated in managing the Foundation; governments contributed to its budget.
- The layers have changed but our core remains the same.
- We have 47 member countries. We work with countries signatories of the Cultural Convention (47 member countries + Belarus, Holy See and Kazakhstan).
- Our annual budget is around 3 million Euros.
- We support 1 project per working day; around 300 grants a year.
For more information, please visit the official web-site of the Programme: